Monday, October 25, 2010

SWPL and more

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com

Hello,
This is the link to the site we were talking about today.
There is a tab at the top labelled "Full List of Stuff White People Like". Scanning down it, I found that #99 is "Grammar". I couldn't resist reading this post, and yes, there I was , reading bout people like me who are bothered by incorrect punctuation and poor grammar. And I am proud of it!

We're drawing to an end of our blog, aren't we? Makes me a little sad. JC

3 comments:

  1. Hi all,
    I checked out the 'Stuff White People Like' website and picked out a few that I too liked before reading what was written about them. I was shocked to find out how great the authors perception of white culture was, including my own. Just in case you were wondering the things that I liked were:
    3. Film Festivals
    12. Non-Profit Organisations
    42. Sushi
    57. Juno

    Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, for the record, I also like Juno, and sushi. I laughed when I read some of the items: "The Idea of Soccer", "Hating Corporation", "Knowing what's best for poor people". And even though I am a vegetarian, I don;t know if I would say I "like" vegetarianism? I also like MadMen, but I dislike bottled water. So I guess there's something in there for everyone. Which really makes it a list that is very inclusive - proving the authors point that we are all much the same in our desire to be "Different". Or maybe he's just too smart for his own good.
    What do the rest of our bloggers like? JC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey everyone! I found the list highly amusing and liked quite a lot of the random things listed, such as:
    133- The world cup
    132- picking their own fruit
    116- black music that black people don’t listen to anymore!!
    106- Facebook (of course)
    8- Barack Obama – He is amazing.
    13- tea :)
    I agree, I believe there is something on there that everyone likes.

    ReplyDelete